Journey of a Lifetime

66 DAYS & 10,600 MILES ON THE ROAD

Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 21 - Mission: Relaxing in the Smokey Mountains

Today was the first day the I have not felt well. Maybe it was the heat of the south, maybe I have been burning the candle at both ends, or maybe something else. It was enough to keep me inside and on a cozy sofa at my cousin Cathie's cabin. Later that afternoon, she & I ventured out for a quick tour around Franklin, North Carolina, while the boys got to work. What I mean by that is they purchased this "cabin" (a renovated chapel) a few years back & have been remodeling it over time. So, Colby got right in there and helped out with some of the work - drywall mudding. The property they own is BEAUTIFUL, surrounded by green, green, and more green. My cousin had our new favorite snack ready for us when we arrived last night by the way - boiled peanuts. And if you haven't had them, you have to try them. We like the spicy ones and believe me, they are addicting. Tomorrow, we plan to take a drive around the area further for some more sightseeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment