Journey of a Lifetime

66 DAYS & 10,600 MILES ON THE ROAD

Monday, April 19, 2010

BonVoyage!

We are officially on our way now. It's been a frantic couple of weeks and we apologize again for the lack of posts but be prepared for the flood of pictures and stories coming your way! We will do our best to confer with each other about our posts so as not to be to redundant, though each of our posts will be unique to the writer. At times we may write about the events from our own perspective in our own writing style.

So here we are on the 15 Freeway heading to the 40 Freeway racing to beat the sun to the Eastern horizon, a hopeless endeavor but exciting none the less. We have all our gear, some food and water and a big comfy bed all in tow with us. A mini home with four wheels and a V6 to boot. (I once promised myself I would never live in a mobile home, I guess I never saw it coming)
The plan for today is to get to Albuquerque (spell that five times fast) New Mexico before 5:30 to meet some friends of friends (aren't we all friends...really?) at the Rattlesnake Museum and walk around Old Town (thank you for voting). Well that's all for now, Colby.

-- Post From My iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Hope it's going good. I can remember Driving across country when I moved to WV. There was a profound moment I had as I was reflecting on my adventure ahead. I wondered how long it would be until I was driving this road back to CA, if ever, and how it might change me. 3 and 1/2 years later I came back. I was a very different person. How so? well, you'll find out!
    It's something all the money in the world can't buy!
    I'm sure you'll know when you get back, and we'll share it together.
    see ya,
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete